360 KB: Cambridge University Press Migration to Cambridge Core -- July 2016
- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the Cambridge University Press content?
November 2016 Cambridge Core Update:
Cambridge University Press has updated the naming conventions of their collections and provided files for regular updates to the KnowledgeBase for these collections. This spreadsheet details which Cambridge University Press databases will be updated regularly. We may be able to update other additional collections in the KnowledgeBase if the content can be verified on Cambridge University Press' website. The naming conventions will be updated to reflect their collections on Cambridge Core, which means that all of their collections will have the word "Online" removed from the name. This change will occur on December 1.
September 2016 Cambridge Core Update:
Cambridge University Press’ new platform Cambridge Core went live on Monday, September 5, 2016.
The URL redirects for Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Companions did not work, so these databases were manually updated to reflect the new URLs.
Database names and content in the Knowledgebase will currently stay the same. Ex Libris and ProQuest provider relations continue to work with Cambridge University Press to acquire more information about their packages and the new platform. This spreadsheet lists the collections we can currently update. We will update this article when we have received additional title lists from Cambridge University Press and are able to update additional collections.
We currently do not have title lists for any of the Cambridge Books Online packages or any older journal collections. We may be able to manually update some additional content to the Knowledgebase if the content can be verified on Cambridge University Press' website. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Original July 2016 Message:
In mid-July to mid-August, Cambridge University Press will be moved and made accessible on their new Cambridge Core platform. This move will unite all of the following Cambridge content onto one platform:
- Cambridge Journals Online (CJO)
- Cambridge Books Online (CBO)
- Cambridge Histories Online (CHO)
- Cambridge Companions Online (CCO)
- Shakespeare Survey Online (SSO)
- All partner publisher ebook content currently hosted on University Publishing Online (UPO)
- And six weeks after the go-live date, EDP Sciences
The following additional information about the migration is also known:
- URL and DOI redirects will be in place on the launch date. This means all current links in the KB will redirect to the new Cambridge Core platform until new ones can be obtained.
- Journal content from EDP Sciences will not be available on launch date. This content will go live 6 weeks after launch and until then, the EDP Sciences platform will still be available.
- All existing journal subscriptions and perpetual ebook access will be migrated to the new platform.
- New KBART title lists and MARC records will be made available after launch.
- For more information from Cambridge University Press about the migration, please see http://librarians.cambridgecore.org/about/
We are currently in contact with the provider to determine what further actions need to take place regarding these titles.
If you would like to receive an email when we do get more information, please subscribe to this Answer by clicking Follow Me (currently not available) above.
- Date Created: 14-Jul-2016
- Last Edited Date: 01-Nov-2016
- Old Article Number: 14035