360 KB: Canadiana.org: Provider Change -- January 2020
What is happening to databases from provider Canadiana.org?
The provider Canadiana.org no longer exists; instead, the databases are being provided by Canadian Research Knowledge Network (CRKN).
Therefore, we will be changing the provider associated with several databases in the knowledgebase.
This change will take effect on January 14, 2020:
- Before January 14, 2020: Canadiana.org
- After January 14, 2020: Canadian Research Knowledge Network
This will affect the following databases:
Canadiana Online - Periodicals, Database Code AIKKD
Canadiana Online, Database Code BQZYQ
Héritage, Database Code BDFAY
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager or 360 Counter client and you have information attached to the old provider that also pertains to the new provider (such as license information), you can attach the information to the new provider in the same way they were attached to the old provider. See information about Attaching Resources and Licenses:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after January 14, 2020.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 13-Jan-2020