- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the databases from provider University of Virginia Press (PRVDMV)?Knowledge Works has discovered that providers University of Virgina Press (PRVDMV) and provider, University of Virginia (PRVAYS) are duplicates.
Therefore the provider University of Virgina Press (PRVDMV) and its databases will be merged to University of Virginia (PRVAYS) on April 16
This will affect the following databases:
|2XB||Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution|
|MD9||Presidential Recordings of Lyndon B. Johnson: Digital Edition|
Libraries subscribed to the above University of Virginia Press (PRVDMV) databases can subscribe to the following duplicate databases under provider University of Virginia (PRVAYS):
|10U||Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution|
|10V||Presidential Recordings of Lyndon B. Johnson: Digital Edition|
This change will take effect on April 16
Before April 16: University of Virginia Press (PRVDMV)
After April 16: University of Viriginia (PRVAYS)
*After April 16 databases under provider University of Virginia Press (PRVDMV) will be hidden*
Action you need to take:
- Once the above change takes effect, update your Data Management by subscribing to the new database instead of the old database. Information is available here regarding how to update Data Management, and 360 Resource Manager and 360 Counter considerations prior to removing the old database from your profile.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after April 16.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as SFX, EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-Serials Solutions tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in Serials Solutions' provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Date Created: 20-Mar-2014
- Last Edited Date: 29-Mar-2015
- Old Article Number: 10580