What is happening to the databases from provider ERDB Project in Japan (Provisional)?
The provider ERDB Project in Japan (Provisional) is not accurate for database Freely Accessible Japanese Titles, (database code 7.U).
Therefore, we will be changing the provider associated with this database in the knowledgebase.
This change will take effect on May 31, 2023:
- Before May 31, 2023: ERDB Project in Japan (Provisional)
- After May 31, 2023: National Institute of Informatics
This will affect database: Freely Accessible Japanese Titles, (database code 7.U).
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager or 360 Counter client and you have information attached to the old provider that also pertains to the new provider (such as license information), you can attach the information to the new provider in the same way they were attached to the old provider. See information about Attaching Resources and Licenses:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after May 31, 2023.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 15-MAY-2023