What is happening to the title URL syntax of Ebook Central databases?
The provider ProQuest Ebooks is updating their linking to HTTP Secure (HTTPS) for the Ebook Central databases. For more information on this from ProQuest, please see ProQuest Support for HTTPS at the ProQuest Support Center. Please note that, per ProQuest's larger HTTPS migration, the title-level URLs have already been redirecting to HTTPS even though links in the 360KB still report HTTP. This change in the 360KB aligns with ProQuest Ebooks' decision to explicitly report HTTPS syntax in the collection metadata they supply to 360KB.
We will be changing the database and title-level linking for databases under provider ProQuest Ebooks (provider code: PRVJCC) from HTTP to HTTPS in the Knowledgebase during the April monthly update. The content of the Ebook Central databases will remain the same; however, if your proxy configuration does not expect HTTPS syntax, you may experience errors.
The 360 KB URL changes for databases under provider ProQuest Ebooks (provider code: PRVJCC) will be completed by Monday, April 9th, 2018.
These database and title URL changes will begin taking effect:
- Before April 9th, 2018: http://ebookcentral.proquest.com/
- After April 9th, 2018: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/
Actions you may need to take:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your next MARC records.
- Make sure that HTTPS is included in your proxy configuration as soon as possible.
- Article last edited: 07-March-2018