360 KB: Greenwood Publishing Group: Provider Change -- April 2014
- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the databases from provider Greenwood Publishing Group?
The provider Greenwood Publishing Group is no longer providing databases; instead, they are being provided by ABC-CLIO.
Therefore, we will be changing the provider associated with several databases in the 360 KB knowledgebase. We will also be retiring some databases because they no longer exist or will be mapped to ABC-CLIO databases (see below).
This change will take effect on April 25, 2014:
Before April 25: Greenwood Publishing Group
After April 25: ABC-CLIO
The following databases will change providers to ABC-CLIO:
- African American Experience (Academic), Database Code: E46
- American Slavery: A Composite Autobiography, Database Code: AHO
- ARBAonline, Database Code: AJL
- Daily Life through History(Academic) , Database Code: E48
- Daily Life through History (Premium), Database Code: FRK
- Daily Life America, Database Code: 6MG
- Historic Events of the 20th Century, Database Code: EZG
- Issues(Academic) , Database Code: E4C
- Latino American Experience(Academic), Database Code: E4D
- Literature in Context, Database Code: FBW
- Popular Culture Universe(Academic), Database Code: E4E
- Praeger Security International, Database Code: DTV
- Readers' Advisor Online, Database Code: IHU
- Women's Studies Encyclopedia, Database Code: FTQ
- World Geography (Academic), Database Code: E4F
The following databases will be hidden because they no longer exist:
- American Mosaic, Database Code: 4EL
- Authors4Teens, Database Code: BWB
- Biographical Dictionary of American Sports: Baseball, Database Code: EZA
- Critical Companions to Popular Contemporary Writers, Database Code: EZD
- Greenwood Digital Collection, Database Code: GKU
- World Folklore and Folklife, Database Code: FRL
The following Greenwood databases will be hidden. Please subscribe to the mapped ABC-CLIO databases:
|Greenwood Databases||ABC-CLIO Databases|
|American Indian Experience, Database Code: JYC||American Indian Experience, Database Code: EZ3|
|African American Experience, Database Code: FAH||African American Experience, Database Code: EY6|
|Daily Life Online, Database Code: BWC||Daily Life Online, Database Code: 3RW|
|Latino American Experience, Database Code: IFB||Latino American Experience, Database Code: EY9|
|Pop Culture Universe, Database Code: IXG||Pop Culture Universe, Database Code: 4J-|
Action you need to take:
- Once the above change takes effect, update your Data Management by subscribing to the new database instead of the old database. Information is available here regarding how to update Data Management, and 360 Resource Manager and 360 Counter considerations prior to removing the old database from your profile.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after April 25.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as SFX, EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-Serials Solutions tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in Serials Solutions' provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Date Created: 28-Mar-2014
- Last Edited Date: 1-Apr-2014
- Old Article Number: 10587