- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the database Past Masters databases from InteLex?
In order to maintain accurate and authoritative provider metadata (based on the 360 KB collection policy), the databases will be renamed to more accurately map to what is available from the provider InteLex. Accordingly, some databases will be split up and mapped into individual databases. These changes will take effect on November 21, 2014.
For example, Intelex Past Masters -Charles Sanders Peirce (DBID: ~C3) will be split and renamed:
|Former Database Code||Former Database Name||Database Codes||New Database Name||Explanation|
|~C3||Intelex Past Masters -Charles Sanders Peirce||~C3||Charles Sanders Peirce: Collected Papers||"Intelex Past Masters -Charles Sanders Peirce" used to contain all Charles Sanders Peirce resources; the former database has been renamed and the former database has been renamed and the resources are now split into multiple collections|
|H0D||Charles Sanders Peirce: Published Works I|
|H0E||Charles Sanders Peirce: Writings|
Please see the attached spreadsheet here for mapping from the old databases to the new ones.
Action you need to take:
- Once the above change takes effect, update your Data Management by subscribing to the new database instead of the old database. Information is available here regarding how to update Data Management, and 360 Resource Manager and 360 Counter considerations prior to removing the old database from your profile.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs or database specific information to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after November 21.
- Date Created: 30-Jun-2014
- Last Edited Date: 17-Oct-2014
- Old Article Number: 10976