What is happening to the databases LexisNexis Academic and Nexis Uni?
October 2017 Update: Provider LexisNexis have indicated the Nexis Uni title level linking fix is expected to be deployed on October 21, 2017 by the end of the day.
LexisNexis Academic (database ID LXU) will be migrating to a new database, Nexis Uni (database ID NXXTH). We are working closely with the provider LexisNexis to ensure a smooth transition. Both LexisNexis Academic and Nexis Uni will be active in our Knowledgebase until the migration is complete. The Provider has not indicated the time for LexisNexis Academic database to be retired. When we have that information, an article will be published and all of the subsribing clients will be notified.
Some important information:
- The provider is still working on the title level linking for Nexis Uni database. Therefore, LexisNexis Academic currently has more titles than Nexis Uni. LexisNexis has been supplying us with updates to Nexis Uni, and more titles will be added as they become available.
- Database URL has been added to Nexis Uni (database code: NXXTH): http://www.nexisuni.com. This will redirect to a different URL (Log In screen), or if you are an active academic subscriber, it will go directly into the product without a login.
- Nexis Uni is currently experiencing title level linking issues where the title level links are asking for ID & Password. According to LexisNexis, this issue will be resolved by the October 2017 release. If you do not have an ID & Password, a short term solution is to go to http://www.nexisuni.com and leave this page open. This will allow the title level links to work because www.nexisuni.com is not affected by the authentication issue. Once again, the provider indicated the title level linking issue in Nexis Uni will be resolved by the October, 2017 release.
Action you need to take:
- Update the holdings in your Intota or Client Center profile by subscribing to the new database instead of the old database. For information on how to update your profile, and considerations prior to removing the old database from your profile:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs or database specific information to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records.
- Article last edited: 06-Sep-2017