360 KB: Literature Online (LION) from ProQuest: Database Name Change to Literature Online Core (LION Core)-- October 2018
What is happening to the name of database Literature Online (LION)?
The database Literature Online (LION) from the provider ProQuest will have its name changed in the Knowledgebase to more clearly distinguish it from the recently added Literature Online Premium (LION Premium) (dbid PPXUT). The content of the database, and the database ID (CLO), will remain the same.
This change will take effect on 4 October:
- Before 4 October: Literature Online (LION)
- After 4 October: Literature Online Core (LION Core)
Actions you may need to take:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center/Intota to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after 4 October.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in ProQuest's database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 30-Aug-2018