- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the National Academies Press databases?
Update February 16, 2015
The change will be pushed back to February 27th.
Update January 21, 2015
The database National Academies Press Free eBooks [DBID: N87] will NOT BE HIDDEN. Instead, the free content in database National Academies Press Publications [DBID: RQV] will be removed and only pay-for content will be available in that database. Accordingly, the database will be renamed to National Academies Press Paid Publications. This change is being made to avoid duplicate content.
This change will take effect on February 27:
Before February 27: National Academies Press Publications
After February 27: National Academies Press Paid Publications, Database Code RQV
- no longer includes free content; subscribe to National Academies Press Free eBooks [DBID: N87] instead
Actions you may need to take:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after February 27.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as SFX, EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-Serials Solutions tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in Serials Solutions' database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
The database National Academies Press Free eBooks from the provider National Academies Press is no longer being updated since it is a duplicate of National Academies Press Publications [DBID: RQV]. In order to maintain accurate and authoritative provider metadata (based on the 360 KB collection policy, all titles will be removed from National Academies Press Free eBooks database and the database will be hidden in 360 KB on January 23, 2015. The database will become a zero-titles database, and no future subscriptions will be possible. (NOTE: The database code for this database is N87.)
This change will take effect on January 23:
Before January 23: National Academies Press Free eBooks
After January 23: National Academies Press Publications, Database Code RQV
- Once the above change takes effect, update your Data Management by subscribing to the new database instead of the old database. Information is available here regarding how to update Data Management, and 360 Resource Manager and 360 Counter considerations prior to removing the old database from your profile.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs or database specific information to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after January 23.
- Date Created: 15-Dec-2014
- Last Edited Date: 16-Feb-2015
- Old Article Number: 11729