What is happening to the Newspapers.com databases from provider ProQuest?
The data for the Newspapers.com databases is not directly managed by ProQuest. As such, these databases should not be listed under provider ProQuest.
Therefore, we will be changing the provider associated with several databases in the knowledgebase.
This change will take effect on November 11, 2021:
- Before November 11: ProQuest
- After November 11: Newspapers.com
This will affect the following databases:
|Database Name||DB code|
|Newspapers.com Library Edition - Central Collection||AAAIF|
|Newspapers.com Library Edition - Northeast Collection||ABUYX|
|Newspapers.com Library Edition - Southeast Collection||ADZGV|
|Newspapers.com Library Edition - West Collection||AAJTK|
|Newspapers.com Library Edition - World Collection||BFVDV|
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager or 360 Counter client and you have information attached to the old provider that also pertains to the new provider (such as license information), you can attach the information to the new provider in the same way they were attached to the old provider. See information about Attaching Resources and Licenses:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after November 11.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 11-Nov-2021