- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the name of the provider NewspaperDirect.com and database PressDisplay.com?
The provider NewspaperDirect.com has changed its name to PressReader and the name of the database has been changed to PressReader as well.
Therefore, we will be changing the provider name and the name of the database associated with the provider in the 360 KB knowledgebase. The content of the database, and the database ID (PDI), will remain the same.
These changes will take effect on November 1st, 2014:
Provider name before November 1st, 2014: NewspaperDirect.com
Provider name after November 1st, 2014: PressReader
Database name before November 1st, 2014: PressDisplay.com
Database name after November 1st, 2014: PressReader
Actions you may need to take:
- If you are a 360 Counter client, you will need to make some changes the next time you upload consolidated reports.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as SFX, EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-Serials Solutions tools that require the provider or database name to function, you should note the change in Serials Solutions' provider name and database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after November 1st, 2014.
- Date Created: 6-Oct-2014
- Last Edited Date: 7-Oct-2014
- Old Article Number: 11367