360 KB: ProQuest/Safari Books Online: Provider Change -- July 2020
What is happening to the Safari and O'Reilly databases from ProQuest and Safari Books Online?
O'Reilly Media provides database information for both Safari Books Online and O'Reilly Safari Learning Platform databases. In order to more accurately represent these databases, we will be aligning them with the provider O'Reilly Media, Inc.
Therefore, we will be changing the provider associated with several databases in the knowledgebase.
This change will take effect on July 31:
- Before July 31: ProQuest, Safari Books Online
- After July 31: O'Reilly Media, Inc.
This will affect the following databases:
|Current Provider||Database Name||DB Code|
|ProQuest||Safari Business and Technical Books Combo Collection||6XM|
|ProQuest||Safari Business Books||SBB|
|ProQuest||Safari Business Books (Current File)||AK4|
|ProQuest||Safari Technical Books||DRU|
|ProQuest||Safari Technical Books (Current File)||AK3|
|Safari Books Online||Safari Premium Library||A3J|
|Safari Books Online||O'Reilly Safari Learning Platform: Academic edition||OODEK|
|Safari Books Online||O'Reilly Safari Learning Platform: Corporate Edition||OHILO|
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager or 360 Counter client and you have information attached to the old provider that also pertains to the new provider (such as license information), you can attach the information to the new provider in the same way they were attached to the old provider. See information about Attaching Resources and Licenses:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after [effective date].
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 29-JUN-2020