- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to the name and URL of database SUR Online?
The provider Gale has changed the name of database Sur Online and is migrating the content to their Archives Unbound platform.
Therefore, we will be changing the database name and URL in the Knowledgebase. The content of the database, and the database ID (IRX), will remain the same.
This change will take effect on August 8, 2016:
Before August 8: SUR Online at URL http://184.108.40.206:722/Home.php
After August 8: SUR, 1931-1992 at URL http://go.galegroup.com/gdsc/i.do?id....1&u=(Location ID)&it=aboutCollections&p=GDSC&sw=w
Actions you may need to take:
- You will have to customize your database level URL for this Gale database.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center/Intota to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after August 8.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as SFX, EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in ProQuest's database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Date Created: 21-Jul-2016
- Last Edited Date: 22-Aug-2016
- Old Article Number: 14057