What is happening to the URL linking syntax of the Sage Journals databases?
The provider Sage Publications will be moving to Atypon's Literatum in December 2016. This move has changed the title-level linking syntax for all of their journals.
Therefore, we will be changing the title-level linking syntax in the Knowledgebase. The content of the databases will remain the same.
This change will take effect on December 2016:
- Before December 2016: http://xxx.sagepub.com/
- After December 2016: http://journals.sagepub.com/home/xxx
*Note: The xxx is a placeholder for the three alphanumeric characters assigned to each distinct journal.
Previous title histories for the journals will also be added to the title lists with the migration. Duplicate holdings may occur for a short period of time. Please be patient while we sort through all of the changes that come with this migration and gradually accept the new title lists into the KnowledgeBase by the end of December 2016.
Actions you may need to take:
- Make sure that either http://journals.sagepub.com or *sagepub.com is included in your proxy configuration before December 2016.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after December 2016.
- Article last edited: 04-Nov-2016