360 KB: ScienceDirect databases from provider Elsevier: Title-Level Linking change to Secure Protocol (HTTPS) -- October, 2017
What is happening to the URL linking syntax of Elsevier databases on the ScienceDirect platform?
The provider Elsevier is in the process of updating their linking to HTTP secure (HTTPS) for all of their databases on the ScienceDirect platform.
We will be gradually changing the database and title-level linking for databases under provider Elsevier (provider code: PRVESC) from HTTP to HTTPS in the Knowledgebase starting on October 13, 2017. Aside from regular updates based on Elsevier title lists, the content of the Elsevier databases will remain the same.
The 360 KB URL changes for databases under provider Elsevier (provider code: PRVESC) are estimated to be completed by the end of November 2017, but please keep in mind that, for consortia-specific databases, we rely on consortia to send updated title lists on various schedules, so these updates may take longer.
These database and title URL changes will begin taking effect in October 2017, with an estimated completion date of the end of November 2017:
- Before October 13, 2017: http://www.sciencedirect.com
- After November 2017: https://www.sciencedirect.com
Actions you may need to take:
- Make sure that https is included in your proxy configuration as soon as possible.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your next MARC records.
- Article last edited: 28-Sep-2017