What is happening to the name of database Social Theory Second Edition?
As part of retiring the pre-2014 first edition of Social Theory (db code SOT), Alexander Street is updating the name of Social Theory Second Edition (db code AAHKA) to "Social Theory," as it will be the only remaining version.
Therefore, we will be changing the database name in the Knowledgebase. The content of the database, and the database ID (AAHKA), will remain the same.
This change will take effect on June 9, 2023:
- Before June 9: Social Theory Second Edition
- After June 9: Social Theory
Actions you may need to take:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center/Intota to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after June 9, 2023.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in ProQuest's database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 26-May-2023