What is happening to Current Contents Connect database from provider Thomson Reuters (Scientific)?
The provider Thomson Reuters (Scientific) is no longer maintaining Current Contents Connect database; instead, it is being provided by Clarivate Analytics.
Therefore we will change the provider for the Current Contents Connect database (db code BDR) in 360 Knowledge Base.
This change will take effect on February 21, 2018:
- Before February 21, 2018: Thomson Reuters (Scientific)
- After February 21, 2018: Clarivate Analytics
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager or 360 Counter client and you have information attached to the old provider that also pertains to the new provider (such as license information), you can attach the information to the new provider in the same way they were attached to the old provider. See information about Attaching Resources and Licenses:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after February 21, 2018.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 07-FEB-2018