What is happening to the Torrossa database from provider Casalini Libri?
The provider Casalini has advised that there is no longer a complete A-Z listing of all the content; instead, they are providing title lists for individual collections as well as a single purchase catalogue list.
Therefore, we will be changing the name and content for the Torrossa database in the knowledgebase to reflect the single purchase model (Note: the database ID is I4C).
This change will take effect on August 05, 2019:
- Before August 05: Torrossa
- After August 05: Torrossa Single Purchase Catalogue
After August 05, we will be updating the database to reflect the new content in the single purchase catalogue. If your institution subscribes to a Torrossa Collection not currently in the 360 KB, please submit a Support Case for our content team.
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager, 360 Counter, or Intota client, you may need to make some changes to your account settings before October 12:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after August 05.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 14-JUN-2019