360 KB: Westlaw International from Thomson Reuters Westlaw: Database URL Authentication Change -- September, 2017
What is happening to the URL linking syntax of database Westlaw International?
In order to facilitate direct linking to Westlaw International database, we will be changing the database linking syntax in the Knowledgebase. The new database URL will require link customization to insert the Thomson Reuter Sponsorship Code (SP Parameter) to replace the XXXXX section of the link. Additionally, the linking syntax will change to HTTPS.
Westlaw International, database code FMQ is a zero-title database. The content of the database will remain the same. The provider Thomson Reuters have informed us that title list for this database is no longer being created by TR and/or distributed to link resolving service vendors.
If you need assistance to set up link customization, please contact Ex Libris Support.
This change will take effect on September 1, 2017:
- Before September 1, 2017: http://international.westlaw.com
- After September 1, 2017: https://1.next.westlaw.com/Search/Ho...r=3.0&sp=XXXXX
Actions you may need to take:
- Make sure that either https://1.next.westlaw.com or *westlaw.com is included in your proxy configuration before September 1, 2017.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after September 1, 2017.
- Article last edited: 16-Aug-2017