360 KB: Bankscope from Bureau van Dijk Electronic Publishing (BvDEP) database Name and Database URL Domain Change -- March 2017
What is happening to the name and Database URL linking syntax of database Bankscope?
The provider Bureau van Dijk Electronic Publishing (BvDEP) has changed the name of the database Bankscope. The Database level linking URL has also changed.
Therefore, we will be changing the database name and the database URL in the Knowledgebase. This is a zero-title database, and the database ID (JIE), will remain the same.
This change will take effect on March 15, 2017:
- Before March 15, 2017: Bankscope and http://bankscope.bvdep.com
- After March 15: Orbis Bank Focus and https://orbisbanks.bvdinfo.com
Actions you may need to take:
- Make sure that either https://orbisbanks.bvdinfo.com or *orbisbanks.bvdinfo.com is included in your proxy configuration before March 15, 2017.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after March 15, 2017.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the database name as it appears in the Client Center/Intota to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after March 15, 2017.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the database name to function, you should note the change in ProQuest's database name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 23-February-2017