- Product: 360 Search
How do I set up my EZproxy server to work with 360 Search?
To set up EZproxy to work with 360 Search, follow these steps:
- Add your EZproxy IP address in the Add IP Address section of the User Authentication Settings page of the Administration Console.
- Add 360 Search to your proxy configuration file using the following database definition, and then restart the proxy service: Title 360 SearchNOTE: In the above URLs, replace the word "CLIENTID" with your library's Serials Solutions Client ID.
- Post a proxied 360 Search URL on your web site. Example: http://proxy.lib.edu/login?url=http://CLIENTID.cs.serialssolutions.com
- Patron goes to library's web site and clicks on 360 Search link.
- On-site patron will go right to 360 Search; remote patron will be prompted for a login and then will be directed to 360 Search.
- Patron conducts searches and clicks on links for returned results to access content.
- On-site and remote patrons will already be authenticated and will gain access without any further login requests.
For extra EZproxy help, try visiting the EZproxy help site or The Unofficial EZproxy Self-Support Wiki.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 21-Feb-2014
- Old Article Number: 7439