- A Verde installation that meets the required Verde installation requirements as described in the Requirements for Verde Installation document.
- TEMP tablespace of at least 5GB (where TEMP is the name of Verde temporary tablespace).
- Rollback segment (undo) size of at least 5GB.
- Access in your firewall to the Ex Libris MFT server to transfer the extracted data:
All the servers listed above should use port 10022.
- APAC customers: migration-dc05.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com (APAC-DC05) or migration-dc07.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com (APAC-DC07). The relevant username should be supplied by your Professional Services.
- EU customers: migration-dc03.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com (EU-DC03) or migration-dc06.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com (EU-DC03) . The relevant username should be supplied by Professional Services.
- NA customers: migration-dc01.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com (NA-DC01) or migration-dc04.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com (NA-DC04) . The relevant username should be supplied by Professional Services.
- CANADA customers: migration-dc82.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com
- CHINA customers: migration-dc81.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com
Overview of the AutoExtract Process
- An email with the following information is sent to you by Ex Libris:
- A link to Migration Kit path on MFT server
- Credentials for file download
- Download the Migration Kit from the MFT server.
- Install the Migration Kit on your Verde server.
- Generate the initial Verde Migration Form using the kit and fill it in.
- One week prior to your Verde migration, send your filled-in Verde Migration Form to your EXL project manager for approval.
- Run the extraction of your Verde data using the AutoExtract kit.
- Transfer the extracted data to the Ex Libris MFT server.
Downloading and Installing of AutoExtract Kit
- Log on as the verde user on your Verde server.
- Enter the following command to create a directory in which to store the zip file:
>> mkdir /exlibris/zip_from_exlibris/verde2alma_migrationYou may need to create the zip_from_exlibris subdirectory first, i.e.:>> mkdir /exlibris/zip_from_exlibris
- Download the package from Ex Libris MFT server as described in the email sent from Ex Libris.
- Enter the following command to change the directory as the verde user to the home directory:
Move the package Verde2Alma.zip from /exlibris/zip_from_exlibris/verde2alma_migration to the sx directory of the verde user.
- Enter the following command to unpack the zip file:
>> unzip Verde2Alma.zip
Running the Menu
- Log on as the verde user on your Verde server.
- Enter the following command to move to the VerdeMigrationCustomerMenu directory:
>> cd VerdeMigrationCustomerMenu
- Enter the following command to start the menu:
Specifying the Instance Code
- The instance code is case sensitive.
- The instance code should be the exact same instance code as written in your database (as written, for example, in EPRODUCT table under INSTANCECODE field).
- The instance code is retained by the AutoExtract kit for future sessions and use of the menu.
- The instance code is the only parameter that you need to set.
- If the instance code you entered is not valid in your Verde system, the following message is displayed:
The instance code you specified is not valid in your Verde system
Generating and Completing the Verde Migration Form
- Select 2. Generate Verde Migration Form to generate an instance data-specific Excel workbook that you need to fill out and complete. The information in it is used to control the conversion process.
The Excel consists of the following tabs:
- Interface to Vendor Mapping – required in order to map the interfaces to vendors, as required by Alma. You only need to fill in the appropriate vendor code.
- Mapping of Verde Vendor Codes to ILS System Vendor Codes (optional) – only needed if the vendor codes used in Alma, which came from your ILS system, are different from the ones used in Verde for the same vendor.
- The Verde Migration Form generated by the package is placed in the transfer directory. This directory is located as a subdirectory under the VerdeMigratioCustomerMenu directory.
- If there is a filled-in Verde Migration Form in the transfer directory from a previous data conversion (for example, the test load), the newly generated Verde Migration Form is automatically enriched with your answers from the existing form, if applicable.
- Fill-in this form according to the Verde to Alma Migration Guide.
- Send the filled-in form to Ex Libris at least one week prior to your Verde migration for review.
Ex Libris either approves the form or informs you if any modifications in the form are necessary. If changes are needed, correct the form according to Ex Libris’ instructions before proceeding to the next step (extracting the data).
- After the form is complete, place it back into the transfer directory before running the data conversion.
Validating the Verde Migration Form
- Mandatory questions have been properly answered
- Vendor codes used in the mapping tables of the Verde Migration Form> are valid in your Verde system
- Vendor codes are used in an unambiguous way in the mapping tables
Extracting and Converting the Data
- Select 3. Extract Verde data to start the extraction phase. (Be sure that you have first specified the correct instance code.) The following menu is displayed:
Verde Migration MenuVerde base directory : /exlibris/verde/v2_1/verdeInstance code : TST1. Extract Verde Data2. Convert extracted data to Alma supported format0. Back to main menuPlease select :
- Select 1. Extract Verde data to retrieve the data from the Verde database.
- Select 2. Convert extracted data to Alma supported format to convert the data into a compatible format for loading into Alma.
You can view the messages of the process while it is running in the extraction.log and conversion.log log files.
Transferring the Extracted Data to Ex Libris
- Select 5. Transfer extracted data from the Verde Migration Menu.
- Select the MFT server to which the data will be transferred, according to your region:
Select the MFT server by the optional regions:1. APAC2. EUR3. USA4. CANADA5. CHINAPlease select your region.
- If your region is APAC/EU/NA, you are asked to select one of the DCs in your region, according to Professional Services.
- You are asked to enter your user name. Copy and paste the key from the link sent to you by Ex Libris. Below is an example of the key you are asked to insert.
Enter your password:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----The following message is displayed:Verifying the connection to the mft server requested can be established. Please wait.If the connection cannot be established, the following message is displayed:Cannot establish connection to the mft server requested. Do you want to try again resetting your password? (Y/N) [N]
- The data is transferred securely using secure file transfer.
- The data transfer process can take up to several hours to complete, depending on the size of your data and your Internet connection speed. The functioning of Verde is not affected by this process running in the background, and your normal work in Verde can proceed in parallel. If the process does not complete within 24 hours, contact Ex Libris.
Increasing the Size of the TEMP Tablespace
Copying the MFT SSH_KEY
In the extract process, you are asked to copy the ssh_key given to you by your Ex Libris representative. If you do not copy the entire key, the data is not packaged and transferred. If this situation occurs, do the following:
- Close the extract menu.
- Copy the entire content of the ssh_key (including the first and last "BEGIN"/"END" lines) and paste it into a text file in Windows.
- Save the file with the following name: your generated UserName + _urm_sftp_ssh_key (without any suffix). For example, if your user name = MyGenUsrName, the ssh_key file is named: MyGenUsrName_urm_sftp_ssh_key.
- Copy the ssh_key file to the Verde server in the location where the Verde2Alma kit was placed in the ../VerdeMigrationCustomerMenu directory.
- Open a putty session to your Verde server, and go to the ../VerdeMigrationCustomerMenu directory. Set permissions to your ssh_key file: chmod 600 MyGenUsrName_urm_sftp_ssh_key.
- Rerun the extract menu. This time you are not asked to insert the ssh_key.