The features below are currently planned for the next release. However, some of these features may, for various reasons, not be included in this month's release, but rather in a future Alma release.
- "Sticky" filters in Alma's Receiving page when managing items for continuous orders - The "Sort routine", "Receiving Status" and "Location" filters within the "Receiving workbench" will become "sticky". Once a selection is made by the user it will be remembered the next time the user will access this screen. This selection will be remembered across all sessions (after logout). This will save the users from the need to manually manipulate these filters every time they access the "Manage Items" screen.
- Fourth and Fifth Reporting Codes - The three existing reporting codes will be enhanced with additional 4th and 5th reporting codes in the PO line, Invoice line and Fund transaction screens in order to allow the institution to add additional analysis codes to their acquisition entities.
Digital Resource Management
- **Idea Exchange** - Free text input option for Rep Label in Global representation Changes job - This feature will provide significant flexibility in bulk population of representation labels, either with a constant string or a regular expression to be applied on selected bibliographic details.
- Suppress BIB without active representations - Inactivating digital representations, manually or via a job, will provide the option of automatically suppressing the title in case it remains without active inventory.
- Ability to Waive All or Large lists of Fines/Fees - The ability to waive fees will be enhanced to enable waiving all of a patron's fees in one action or to waive a number of selected fees in one action. Selecting the fees to waive will be possible from multiple pages of the fees list.
- Search users by Phone number - It will be possible to search for user records by phone number.
- Sort user list by User Group and Expiration/Purge Date - It will be possible to sort the user's list by the user group code, the expiration date or the purge date.
- Canceled requests added to requests monitor - The requests monitor will enable viewing canceled requests that are still active, for example, because the requested item was already in process and has not been scanned in. It will be possible to filter for these requests.
- Itemization of requests waiting for remote storage - When a requested item needs to be pulled from a remote storage, it will be possible to have the request be bound to a specific item even before the request has been communicated to the storage. This will enable marking the item as ‘not available’ even before the request is exported.
- ‘Requester Note’ pop-up at scan in - When an item is requested and the request has a specific requester note, the note will appear as a pop up when the item is scanned in.
- Enhance export – Sending requests to Remote storage - XML export to remote storage facilities will be enhanced to include more information such as more bib metadata and request comment.
- Enhancements to Resource Sharing Partner Search - It will be possible to search the resource sharing partners list by more indexed such as the ISO symbol and the email, and to search by ‘All’.
- New locate statuses for resource sharing requests - Locate statuses will be added to the audit trail of borrowing and lending RS requests, allowing librarians to see when the locate status changed between "Locate not run", "Resource located" and "Locate failed".
- Lender locate will prefer electronic resources - It will be possible to set the lender locate process to prefer an electronic match over a physical match, and to make the match using article level information. This way, when a lending request is received for an article, Alma will link the request up to the electronic article and not to the physical journal.
A new API for running an import profile on a single BIB record.