Leganto offers integration with Blacklight.
Select Library Search.
Select Search in: Blacklight.
Examining your API response
Configure the fields are as follows:
- domain_url - Mandatory - The domain URL to your blacklight system. If your search URL looks like this: https://search.library.north.ca/catalog?q=shakespeare the domain URL should be https://search.library.north.ca.
- field_name_marc - Optional - Some institutions might have the MARC content returned in the API. If so, configure the field name that holds the marc content (in the example above configure field_name_marc=marc_display). If this field is configured, then it is not necessary to enter the field_name_mmsid or field_name_view_online fields.
- field_name_mmsid - Optional - Some institutions will have the Alma MMSID returned in the API. If so, configure the field name that holds the Alma MMSID.
- field_name_type - Mandatory - The field name that holds the item type (Book, Article, etc.). In the example above, configure field_name_type = format.
- field_name_view_online - Optional - The field name holding a URL to display in Leganto. The URL will be placed in the source URL field of the citation.
Once this table is saved with a domain URL, two new tables, Blacklight Material Type Mapping and Blacklight Field Mapping, are displayed in the Discovery menu (Configuration Menu > Leganto > Discovery).
Blacklight Material Type Mapping
Map the values in the field_name_type to the Leganto secondary type.
Blacklight Field Mapping
If you haven’t configured the field_name_marc configuration, use this table to map the blacklight fields to the Leganto citation fields. Otherwise the field mapping is done according to the DROOLS in Leganto.