- Article Type: General
- Product: MetaLib
- Product Version: 4
Dear MetaLib users,
We are pleased to announce the release of MetaLib version 4.1.0, the first of three planned minor releases in our current development cycle through Q2 2008. MetaLib 4.1 delivers many enhancements you’ve requested, and includes items that address our ongoing commitment to reduce MetaLib’s total cost of ownership (TCO) for our customers. Highlights of this release include:
1. More informative search results – display ‘snippet’ of an article’s abstract in the brief results list of MetaLib’s search modules.
2. Extended citation management software support – direct export of search result records to RefWorks.
3. Enhanced MetaLib/SFX integration * – display the SFX A-Z e-Journals list in the MetaLib page or in a separate pop-up window. New SFX multi-language support enables MetaLib users to access the SFX e-Journals list in the same language.
* Required SFX developments to support implementation of these items will be released December 2007.
4. Quicker, easier MetaLib user interface customization – ready-to-use CSS templates and icon sets that provide commonly-used color schemes.
5. More flexible integration options – customer-requested X-Server enhancements, and a new option to export records from a user’s e-Shelf as a ‘reading list’ in HTML or XML format.
Version 4.1.0 is distributed via our service pack mechanism, and is available to download from the Ex Libris Documentation Center. MetaLib 4.1.0 release notes are also available, providing a complete list of new enhancements and bug fixes as well as detailed implementation instructions.
An overview of new MetaLib 4.1 enhancements is included in a ‘What’s new in MetaLib 4.1’ presentation, available via the Ex Libris Documentation Center and in a CRM KB item no. 16258.
If you have any questions about MetaLib 4.1, please contact your Ex Libris office or distributor.
MetaLib, Minor release, 4.1.0, 4.1.x
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013