- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Primo
- Product Version: 4
Is it possible to change only the sort of browse results, without affecting the display of the names in the list.
Yes it is possible.
Out of the box Primo use the same value for index and for display in browse section. In some cases the browse sort needs to differ from the display.
For example, disregard authors' second / middle name.
To achieve that, do the following:
1. In the Back Office, Primo Home > Advanced Configuration > Full Normalization Rule Configuration.
2. Select relevant NR set and click on edit.
3. Go to browse section /author.
4. Change the author normalization rules the following way:
- $$E is the sub-field that the records are being indexed by, and therefore sorted by it. Change this sub-field to the desired sort order.
- $$D has the content for the display in browse results. This sub-field shouldn't be changed.
5. Save the NR set, deploy and run an update pipe.
1. In Browse section $$D is used for display, and $$E is used for indexing and sorting. The change may affect search results.
2. It is recommended to test the rules before running the pipe via the Testing tool on the "Full Normalization Rule Configuration".
Category: BO Configuration
Subject: Advanced Configuration Wizard
- Article last edited: 11/21/2013