- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Primo
- Product Version: 4
1. What does ExLibris do with the data collected via Beacon?
2. What kind of data is being collected?
1. The information sent is for proactive monitoring of end user performance and to enable future “feature” usage analysis.
No personal information is transmitted to Ex Libris (e.g., no user id, user name, email, or telephone number).
Data sent to the center is turned into analytical (statistical) tables and all raw data is deleted after 30 days.
The 30-day window is to ensure that operational issues in creating the analytical (statistical) tables can be overcome by rebuilding recent “history” if needed.
2. The actual data passed depends on the “click” done by the user, though some standard information is always passed:
• Server name
• Server IP
• Session ID
• Application (e.g. Primo_Local)
• End user performance (not passed in all cases)
- Article last edited: 2/25/2014