- Article Type: General
- Product: Primo
Desired Outcome Goal:
1. Create a java script and save the file as "allPages.js" (e.g.):
//Change HELP link to custom file
$(".EXLMainMenuItem > span > a:contains('Help')").attr("href", "../uploaded_files/LIB/help.html");
<URL_to_custom_help_file> can be either to the Primo server uploaded custom help file, or else to such a file maintained on the customer's local server.
For a custom help file on the Primo server: http://<PRIMO-HOSTED-SERVER>/primo_library/libweb/uploaded_files/<VIEW_CODE>/search.html
For a custom help file on another server source (e.g.): http://link-to-localized-help-doc
<PRIMO-HOSTED-SERVER> refers to the hostname for the Primo server (the same as in the Primo Font End URL).
<VIEW_CODE> is the customer's view code which can be identified by consulting the appropriate code in the "Code" column of the Ongoing Configuration Wizards > Views Wizard.
"search.html" or "link-to-localized-help-doc" for example, is a localized help file that the customer has created.
2. Login to the Primo Back Office and go to Primo Utilities > File Uploader
3. Upload the "allPages.js" file
4. Add the following line to the customized footer.html that is referred to in Ongoing Configuration Wizards > Views Wizard > Home Page > Static HTML:
NOTE: <VIEW_CODE> is the customer's view code which can be identified by consulting the appropriate code in the "Code" column of the Ongoing Configuration Wizards > Views Wizard.
5. Upload the new version of the footer.html file using the file_uploader.
The change takes effect after refreshing the browser.
Category: Primo FE
- Article last edited: 11/4/2014