- Article Type: General
- Product: Primo
- Product Version: 4
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local;
To enable the favicon icon for display in the Primo Front End.
The favicon.icon appears to the left of the URL in the address box at the top of the browser.
In addition to replacing the default IE icon in the Address bar at the top of the browser, the favicon will also appear in the Favorites menu next to a save site.
1. In the Primo Back office, go to Primo Utilities > File Uploader and select the appropriate view
2. Download the "header.html" file
3. Add the following code reference to the header.html file:
<link rel="icon" href="http://www.mysite.edu/images/favicon.ico" type="image/ico" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.mysite.edu/images/favicon.ico" type="image/ico" />
4. Save the file and upload it using the File Uploader.
5. Clear the browser cache and reload the page to test.
If a customer has a standard web server for images it's possible to host their own favicon.ico at a local URL (e.g. http://www.mysite.edu/images/favicon.ico).
The favicon.ico has a standard size requirement = 16 pixels by 16 pixels.
The favicon.ico has a standard naming convention and must be named "favicon.ico"
To convert any image file into the standard favicon.ico size and name, search (e.g. Google") for "favicon.ico generator".
Category: Front End
Subject: Look and Feel, CSS
- Article last edited: 2016-May-10