- Article Type: General
- Product: Primo
- Product Version: 4
Error received during import attempt "Excel file contains invalid data. Check organization data."
* File contains wrong / additional data (organization, institution ID)
Usually the problem is that a newly-added institution field is completely empty.
* Possibly the file was exported from source or different server
Work should be done on the Target exported file rather than the Source exported Data:
1. Export the current data from Target.
2. Update the exported file with new data, confirming that the institution field contains a space.
3. Import back into Primo.
1. The institution code appears blank, but must contain a 'space' in the field (although it is invisible, it is mandatory).
2. To avoid common errors in mapping spreadsheets (*.xls) that result in ?Excel file contains invalid data check the following:
* If loading the spreadsheet at the institution level (not the installation level); be sure that to have established the mapping table at the *installation* level, NOT the *institution? level
* As per the above, the mapping should be uploaded to:
Advanced Configuration > All Mapping Tables > ILS Library Codes > Owner: <institution>
NOT Advanced Configuration > All Mapping Tables > ILS Library Codes > Owner: Installation (or OTB; out-of-the-box)
* If loading at the Installation level, the institution column should be blank.
* There should be NO space(s) after text in any cells
* There should be NO duplicate data in the spreadsheet
* The spreadsheet file extension should be *.xls, not *.xlsx
* All the lines of the Excel spreadsheet have the row height set to a uniform height (e.g. 16.5) and the columns set to wrap text.
Category: BO Configuration
Subject: Code & Mapping Tables
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013