To log into RefWorks (non-SSO users):
- Open your browser and go to http://www.refworks.com/refworks.
Your login URL may be different. Check with your admin for the appropriate RefWorks login URL.
- Enter your Username and Password. You can remain logged in to RefWorks for 14 days by marking the checkbox next to Keep my session open for 14 days. If you are using a public computer, do not select this option as it will give anyone using the computer full access to your account.
To log in to RefWorks (SSO users):
Open Athens users: Open your browser and go to www.refworks.com/refworks.
- On campus: You are directed to your Open Athens login page. If you are not directed, select your institution from the drop-down list. Once logged in, select RefWorks from your list of services.
- Off campus: Click the Open Athens Credentials link in the RefWorks login page.
Shibboleth users: Click the My Institution's Credentials (Shibboleth) link in the RefWorks login page. Select your organization from the drop-down list and click Login. Enter your Shibboleth User Name and Password and you are directed to your RefWorks account.
Forgot Your Password
If you forget your RefWorks password, you can reset it.
- Go to http://www.refworks.com/refworks.
- Click Forgot Your Login Information?
- Enter your email address.
If you have multiple RefWorks accounts registered with the same email address, you are prompted to select one from a list.
- You receive an email with a link for creating a new password.
- Click the link and enter and re-enter your new password. A confirmation email informs you that your password was changed. You can immediately log in with your new password.