I click on the link in the reset password e-mail I received and enter a new password, but it returns an error. What are the requirements for a new password and how do I get this to work?
The password requirements are:
- No less than 4 characters.
- No spaces.
However, when using the reset password link some browsers will error out if you click on the link, but work as expected, if you copy the link and paste it into a browser URL address bar. You may also need to clear your browser cache. If you would like, clear out your browser cache, offline files and cookies, and then close all browser windows. Open a fresh browser window and past the reset link in the URL address bar to try again.
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Choose the General Tab.
- Under Browsing History, click delete and then select Temporary Internet Files and Cookies in the pop-up window.
- Click Delete and then click OK to exit.
- Select the preference menu, then mouse over Tools and select Clear Browsing Data.
- In the Clear Browsing Data pop-up window from the “Obliterate the following items from:” drop down select “the beginning in of time”. Then select the “Empty the cache” and “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” check boxes.
- Click the clear browsing data button.
- From the History Menu, select Clear Recent History.
- Select Cookies and Cache.
- Click Clear Now.
- From the Safari menu, select Empty Cache.
- When prompted, click Empty to confirm that you want to empty the cache.
- In FireFox, from the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data.
- Make sure Cache is checked, and then click Clear Private Data Now.