- Product: New RefWorks
Writing Your Paper Overview
There are multiple ways to use RefWorks to write your paper and format your bibliography depending on your word processor and operating system. You can:
- Use Write-N-Cite or RefWorks Citation Manager to format your paper from within Microsoft Word
- Use RefWorks Google Docs Add-on to insert and edit citations in Google Docs
- Use Quick Cite as an alternative to Write-N-Cite that works with all word processors on any operating system
- Create a simple Bibliography (without in-text citations or footnotes)
When formatting a paper, users should always verify that the output from RefWorks matches the latest requirements of the style. This may be done by checking instructions to authors, library web sites, style manuals, etc.
Users should also check for missing data in the output. If, for example, the year is missing from a reference, check your database to be sure the year is in the data. If not, add it to the data and reformat the paper.
There may also be situations where manual editing may be necessary. Please check your formatted paper carefully before final submission.
- Article last edited: 10-Oct-2017
- Old Article Number: 14148