- Product: Summon
How do we integrate Summon into VuFind?
You can set up VuFind to search your library's Summon instance using a combination of the Summon API and a few configurations within VuFind.
Serials Solutions does not provide technical support for VuFind or other custom UI solutions. Please work with your library's systems administrator for assistance on technical issues related to these applications.
To integrate Summon into your library's VuFind interface, follow these steps:
- Request a Summon API key as described here.
- Download, install and configure the latest copy of the VuFind software. Click here for more details.
- Uncomment the [Summon] sections of the web/conf/config.ini file in your VuFind installation.
- Enter your Summon API ID and SecretKey received from Client Support in Step 1 into this section within the config.ini file.
- Advanced settings can also be customized in web/conf/Summon.ini file in your VuFind installation.
- To access the Summon service in your VuFind installation, add "/Summon/Home" to the VuFind base URL. Presently, the Summon module stands alone - you will have to build custom menus and search boxes if you want to more tightly integrate it with other VuFind modules. Visit this JIRA ticket if you would like a copy of the custom code used for Villanova's VuFind + Summon integration.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 21-Feb-2014
- Old Article Number: 8794