Add an IP Address to Access Ex Libris Products Through Hosted Server Firewall
- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Cross-Product
How to add an IP address to access Ex Libris products through hosted server firewall.
- Open Case in Support Portal with specific Ex Libris product support team.
- List the following information in your Case:
- Source: IP address(es) that will need access through the hosted firewall1
- Destination: IP address and/or hostname of your hosted server
- Ports: port(s) that Source IPs will be connecting to through the firewall
- Permanent or Temporary: if Temporary, also indicate date access should expire
- Ex Libris Support analysts will work with our Cloud teams to ensure the request is completed and will update when the work is complete or if additional information is required.
- Note that this process can take 2-3 business days. If you are in an emergency situation where you need to make a firewall rule change urgently, please mention that in your ticket.
1Note that many institutions deploy security measures that create "Proxy" IP addresses for workstations. We need to make sure that you supply us with the "Public" or "External" IP Address(es) and not "Internal" or "Private" IPs. To make sure that you provide the correct Source IP, follow the instructions below:
To find what is the outgoing/Source IP, for a particular workstation, you can use one of the free web services, such as http://www.whatsmyip.org/
These will display the public IP for the workstation.
Contact your IT/Networking Department for further assistance.
- Article last edited: 20-Aug-2019