Learning Management System (LMS)
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
|Product version||N/A (Hosted, SaaS)|
About Instructure Canvas
Static Tile (Direct link to the Canvas App)
Provide Developer Key and ID:
Navigate to Admin > Developer Keys > + Developer Key
Watch the following video for step by step instructions:
|Provide a minimum of three (3) Test accounts containing comprehensive and typical data, including the following:
||The test accounts should allow testing the integration according to the Suggested Testing Guidelines. i.e. should support authentication / log into the app as the test account been provided and run complete end-to-end testing of the integration functionality.|
|Provide Canvas base URL:
||Canvas base URL should be publicly accessible|
|Property||Live Tile||Static Tile|
|Display Icons||Allow institutions to choose which icons are displayed. Each option can be either shown or hidden:
|Display Grade||Allow institution to show the Grades icon but not the actual grades.|
Allow institutions to show live tile information in a summary view or a per course detail view.
The summary view will aggregate data for all courses and display information associated with each icon.
Tapping this tile will open a screen with a summary of each course. This summary can be shown as a campusM live tile screen with a full list of courses, or can link directly to the Canvas Mobile app/website.
The detail view will display a group of icons for each course the student is enrolled in up to four courses.
Tapping an icon on this tile will link directly to the Canvas Mobile app/website and open to the corresponding page.
* If the student is enrolled in more than four courses, the display will default to a summary view.
|Favorites||Show only courses marked as favorite|
|Tile name on home screen||
Canvas (static tile)
Canvas summary (Live tile- summary)All Canvas courses (Live tile – detail)
|Tile screen title||Canvas Live tile (Summary View - campusM live tile with full list of courses)|
|Log in message||Login to Canvas|
Suggested Testing Guidelines
- Icons are displayed or hidden according to configuration selection
- Icons update to show new information
- Summary view – Information is aggregated into the appropriate icon and displayed as the correct numerical value (ex: announcements for all courses are counted)
- Summary view – Tapping the tile opens the campusM live tile screen with a full list of courses, or links directly to the Canvas Mobile app/website.
- Tapping an icon opens Canvas to the corresponding page in the Canvas Mobile app/website.
- Tapping the Canvas tile links the user to the Canvas mobile app, the app store, the play store or the Canvas website as appropriate.