Learning Management System (LMS)
Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
|Product version||2.7 – 3.3|
- Live tile to display up to date information on the campusM homescreen
- Static tile to link the user directly to Moodle
- In-app integration that uses a Moodle plugin to display content within the campusM app
In addition, a notifications plugin can be utilized to send users push messages through campusM. Notifications can be used with any of the three options.
- Forum posts
Static Tile (Direct link to the Moodle App)
Notifications (Send Moodle messages as Push Notifications)
- Live Tile & Direct Link – Moodle REST API
- In-app integration – Moodle REST API
Live Tile and/or In-App Integration
|Moodle version 3.1 or higher|
|Provide a minimum of three (3) Test accounts containing comprehensive and typical data from various faculties, groups or departments, including the following:
||The test accounts should allow testing the integration according to the Suggested Testing Guidelines. i.e. should support authentication / log into the app as the test account been provided and run complete end-to-end testing of the integration functionality.|
|Provide Moodle base URL
Moodle URLs must be publicly accessible
To ensure increased security, only HTTPS is supported.
Enable the REST protocol
|Ensure Moodle is configured to work with Moodle mobile|
|The 'Type of Login' field should be selected as 'Via an embedded browser (for SSO plugins).|
Install the message outputs plugin: Go to Site administration > Plugins > Message outputs
Enter the following:
|Property||Live Tile||Static Tile|
|Display Icons||Allow institutions to choose which icons are displayed. Each option can be either shown or hidden:
|Hide Options (by default visible)||
|Display Grade||Allow institution to show the Grades icon but not the actual grades.|
Allow institutions to show live tile information in a summary view or a per course detail view.
The summary view will aggregate data for all courses and display information associated with each icon.
Tapping this tile will open a screen with a summary of each course. This summary can be shown as a campusM live tile screen with a full list of courses, or can link directly to the in-app integration or the Moodle mobile app/website.
The detail view will display a group of icons for each course the student is enrolled in up to four courses.
Tapping an icon on this tile will link directly to the in-app integration or the Moodle mobile app/website and open to the corresponding page.
*If the student is enrolled in more than four courses, the display will default to a summary view.
|Button Link Behavior (Course)||Turn On View courses via Moodle Website (Button link)|
|Link Behavior||Open links within campusM or externally via another browser app|
|Tile name on home screen||
Moodle (static tile)
Moodle (Live tile- summary)
Moodle Courses (Live tile – detail)
|Tile screen title||Moodle Live tile (Summary View - campusM live tile with full list of courses)|
|Log in message||Please login to Moodle|
Suggested Testing Guidelines
- Icons are displayed or hidden according to configuration selection
- Icons update to show new information
- Summary view – Information is aggregated into the appropriate icon and displayed as the correct numerical value (ex: announcements for all courses are counted)
- Summary view – Tapping the tile opens the campusM live tile screen with a full list of courses, or links directly to the Moodle mobile app/website
- Tapping an icon opens Moodle to the corresponding page in the Moodle mobile app/website
- Tapping the Moodle tile links the user to the Moodle mobile app, the app store, the play store or the Moodle website as appropriate