What is happening to the Web of Science databases from provider Thomson Reuters (Scientific)?
The provider Thomson Reuters (Scientific) is no longer maintaining Web of Science databases; instead, they are being provided by Clarivate Analytics.
Therefore, we will be changing the provider associated with Web of Science databases in the knowledgebase.
This change will take effect on September 13. 2019:
- Before September 13, 2019: Thomson Reuters (Scientific)
- After September 13, 2019: Clarivate Analytics
This will affect the following databases:
|Arts & Humanities Citation Index||AKT|
|Biosis Citation Index||64M|
|Book Citation Index||SA9|
|Chemical Patent Index||CWHVX|
|Chinese Science Citation Database||KTQ|
|Conference Proceedings Citation Index||O7N|
|Current Chemical Reactions||1KN|
|Data Citation Index||77~|
|Emerging Sources Citation Index||EQBCS|
|Food Science and Technology Abstracts||DYM|
|KCI - Korean Journal Database||AGKXP|
|Russian Science Citation Index||ADKKR|
|SciELO Citation Index||E.U|
|Science Citation Index Expanded||DTL|
|Science Citation Index: CD-ROM Version||FEU|
|Social Sciences Citation Index||DVR|
|Web of Science - Arts & Humanities Citation Index - 2019||AGYBX|
|Web of Science - Science Citation Index Expanded - 2019||AAWJD|
|Web of Science - Social Sciences Citation Index – 2019||AAJYC|
|WOK Web of Science Arts & Humanities Citation Index||EJF|
|WOK Web of Science Science Citation Index Expanded||EJG|
|WOK Web of Science Social Sciences Citation Index||EJH|
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager or 360 Counter client and you have information attached to the old provider that also pertains to the new provider (such as license information), you can attach the information to the new provider in the same way they were attached to the old provider. See information about Attaching Resources and Licenses:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after [effective date].
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 15-AUG-2019