What is happening to the database BioMedCentral from provider BioMedCentral?
The provider Springer Nature has acquired BioMedCentral and now hosts their content.
Therefore, we will be changing the provider associated with the database BioMedCentral (database code: BMC) in the knowledgebase.
This change will take effect on June 16, 2022:
- Before June 16, 2022: BioMedCentral
- After June 16, 2022: Springer Nature
Action you need to take:
- If you are a 360 Resource Manager or 360 Counter client and you have information attached to the old provider that also pertains to the new provider (such as license information), you can attach the information to the new provider in the same way they were attached to the old provider. See information about Attaching Resources and Licenses:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds the provider name as it appears in the Client Center to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after June 16, 2022.
- If your library uses a third-party service (such as EBSCO A-Z, etc.), custom scripts to manage data, or other non-ProQuest tools that require the provider name to function, you should note the change in provider name in order to retain the proper relationship/mapping between those tools.
- Article last edited: 09-JUN-2022