What is happening to the database and platform Brill Online Books and Journals?
The provider Brill is in the process of migrating their Brill Online Books and Journals platform to their Brill.com platform. The two platforms will remain online and run parallel until Brill determines that the newly created platform Brill.com (database code AMFWP) is fully functional and announces that the old platform Brill Online Books and Journals (database code HS9) is retired. Note: all Brill eBook and eJournal collections and packages on the booksandjournals.brillonline.com will also migrate.
In order to maintain accurate and authoritative provider metadata (based on the Knowledgebase collection policy), all titles will be removed from Brill Online Books and Journals (code HS9) and the database will be hidden in the Knowledgebase upon official retirement in November/December 2018, becoming a zero-titles database. NOTE: Please subscribe to Brill.com (code AMFWP) in order to access titles previously available in database HS9.
This change will take effect in November/December 2018:
Database Brill Online Books and Journals
- Before November 29th, 2018: Brill Online Books and Journals (database code HS9)
- After November 29th, 2018: Brill.com (database code AMFWP)
Platform Booksandjournals.brillonline.com packages and collections
- Before November 29th, 2018: http://booksandjournals.brillonline.com
- After November 29th, 2018: https://brill.com
Action you need to take:
- Update the holdings in your Intota or Client Center profile by subscribing to the new database instead of the old database. For information on how to update your profile, and considerations prior to removing the old database from your profile:
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs or database specific information to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after November 2018.
- Article last edited: 06-Nov-2018