What is happening to the databases from Gale Cengage?
Many databases from the provider Gale Cengage are undergoing product enhancement from Gale. Changes include a new user-interface, updated product names, shorter domain names, secure protocols, and enhanced usability.
In order to maintain accurate and authoritative provider metadata (based on the Knowledgebase collection policy), many databases in the following Gale product lines will have title-level and database level URL changes beginning August 1:
- InfoTrac Collections
- In Context Collections
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Gale Directory Library
- Literature Criticism Online
- Literature Resource Center
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online
NOTE: This migration currently does not include any Gale Digital Collections or Archives Unbound collections. For a full list of what is migrating to HTTPS, please see Gale's document here.
For further information on current and future product enhancements from Gale, please also see the documentation found here.
This change will take effect on August 2019:
- Before August 2019:
- After August 2019:
Action you need to take:
- Make sure that *gale.com is included in your proxy configuration before August 1, 2019.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs or database specific information to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after August 2019.
- Article last edited: DD-MMM-YYYY