360 KB: Multiple ProQuest Databases: Database Migration -- May 2014
- Product: 360 KB
What is happening to multiple databases from ProQuest?
There are multiple duplicate databases under the provider ProQuest. In order to maintain accurate and authoritative provider metadata (based on the 360 KB collection policy), the databases listed in the table below (on the left) will be hidden.in 360 KB on May 30, 2014. These databases will no longer be updated. Please migrate to the databases listed in the table below (on the right).
Please note that for the highlighted database, all titles will be removed.
The changes will take effect on May 30:
|Hidden effective May 30||Migrate to by May 30|
|DBIDs||Database Names||DBIDs||Database Names|
|87V||ABI/INFORM Archive (Alumni Edition)||H9A||ABI/INFORM Archive (Alumni Edition)|
|JQ2||ProQuest Computer Science Collection||K6V||ProQuest Computer Science Collection|
|EV5||BHI: British Humanities Index||C18||British Humanities Index (BHI)|
|M5G||Hoover's Company Records||E6U||Hoover's Company Profiles|
|H8J||Dissertations & Theses: Open Plus||G84||ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: Open|
|K7G*||ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection||H8R||ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Full Text: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection|
|K7G*||ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection||P6D||ProQuest Dissertations and Theses A&I: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection|
|7QW||Aqualine (Full archive)||7QH||Aqualine|
|H9B||Biological Sciences||J2G||Biological Sciences|
|H8F||Conference Papers Index||7SF||COS Conference Papers Index|
|H8U||Papers Invited||P5A||COS Papers Invited|
|8QI||ProQuest International Bibliography of Art||8XN||International Bibliography of Art (IBA)|
|H8T||NCJRS: National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts||7TJ||National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) Abstracts Database|
* NOTE: Subscribe to either the A&I (DBID P6D) or Full-Text (DBID: H8R) database for ProQuest Dissertations & Theses: The Humanities and Social Sciences Collection.
Action you need to take:
- Once the above change takes effect, update your Data Management by subscribing to the new database instead of the old database. Information is available here regarding how to update Data Management, and 360 Resource Manager and 360 Counter considerations prior to removing the old database from your profile.
- If you are a 360 MARC Updates client and have requested the custom specification that adds direct URLs or database specific information to MARC records, you can expect to see some change records when you get your MARC records after May 30.
- Date Created: 15-Apr-2014
- Last Edited Date: 6-May-2014
- Old Article Number: 10632