- Product: 360 Core Client Center
Why are my Gale databases prompting for authentication?
When your library adds a Gale database, you need to add some information to your Client Center profile to avoid the prompt for authentication:
- In the Client Center, navigate to the Database Details page for that database.
- Click Edit on the right side.
- In the Custom URL field, enter your custom URL that was provided by Gale. This is for creating the database-level link.
NOTE: If you don't have the custom URL from Gale, use this Gale page to get it. That page will require you to enter your library's Location ID (LocID), and if you don't know that, you will need to contact Gale Technical Support directly:(800) 877-4253 option 4
- To enable article-level linking in 360 Link and Summon, enter your Gale LocID at the bottom of the page in the Authorization Settings field:
- Click Save to save your changes, or click Cancel to return to the original settings.
- To enable title-level linking in your E-Journal Portal, 360 MARC Updates, and 360 Link, use the Support Portal (accessible from the More Sites drop-down menu above) to submit a case and ask us to create your title-level links.
- December 2016 Update: If title-level linking has been enabled in the past but recently it has stopped working and users are being prompted to authenticate, it is likely due to Gale's recent title-level linking update. Submit a case via the Support Portal so that we can update your title-level links.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 13-Jan-2017
- Old Article Number: 7063