- Product: 360 Link
How do we ask a referring source (content provider) to set 360 Link as the OpenURL link service?
When setting up referring sources in 360 Link, you may need to send an email to a content provider requesting that they activate 360 Link as the OpenURL linking service.
The following is a template you can use for the email. Content in [brackets] will need to be removed as appropriate, because they are just instructions to help you create the email.
I am writing from [library name] and we are one of your customers.
Our library is a subscriber of 360 Link from ProQuest, which is an OpenURL linking service. In order for our subscribed databases from your company to be activated in 360 Link, please add the following 360 Link service information:
- Our 360 Link service address (base URL): http://CLIENTID.search.serialssolutions.com/
[where CLIENTID is the Serials Solutions Client ID that ProQuest has assigned to your library]
- Resolver Image URL: http://images.serialssolutions.com/360-link-check.gif
[Other resolver images are available, or you can provide your own custom image URL, hosted on your library server.]
- Resolver Link Text: Check for full text [or your custom text]
- OpenURL version 1.0
- OpenURL Metadata Format: KEV
Thank you in advance for your help, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 18-Nov-2015
- Old Article Number: 7230