- Product: 360 Resource Manager
How do I archive Resource Manager data that has been entered in the Client Center, and why would I need to do it?
You can archive 360 Resource Manager data by running and saving reports:
- Go to the Client Center.
- Click Management Reports under Business Intelligence Tools in the Manage Your Data section.
- Select a report from the Select Report drop-down menu.
- Change the Report Name (optional).
- Click the Request Report button.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 with any additional reports you would like to archive.
- When you receive emails stating your reports are done, click Download Report to save the files to your computer.
Once the reports are opened in a spreadsheet program (like Excel), you can sort and filter to isolate the data you need.
The Date of Acquisition and Date of Renewal fields do not appear in the Administration Report, so you may want to consider adding a resource note to your system with this information in it before archiving your Administration Report.
Why You Might Need to Do This
Occasionally, Serials Solutions will change a resource (such as a provider, database, or individual title holding) in 360 KB, or even remove a resource altogether; the latter can occur when the resource is no longer available for some particular reason (such as a holding removed from a database).
Most changes to resources in 360 KB do not affect any of the 360 Resource Manager data that is attached to the resource. However, in some rare instances when a resource is removed from 360 KB or is moved within 360 KB (for instance, a database moves to a different provider), you will no longer have access to the administrative and cost data that had been attached to that resource or any sub-resources. Also, the contacts, licenses, notes, and vendor statistics metadata sets attached directly to the resource will remain in their respective lists (for example, via Contacts on the Client Center home page), but will no longer be attached to the resource.
Therefore, if the monthly list of upcoming 360 KB changes indicates that one of your subscribed resources will be changed in 360 KB in a way that affects your 360 Resource Manager data, you will need to:
- Back up (archive) your 360 Resource Manager data. Using the instructions above, run the Administration Report and the Cost Report Details.
- After the change to the resource has been implemented in 360 KB, you can re-add the administration and cost data to the resource and attach licenses, contacts, notes, and vendor statistics metadata to the resource.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 21-Feb-2014
- Old Article Number: 7347