We have received multiple questions which can be summarized into the following two questions with a similar answer -
How will Ex Libris handle content that providers have made temporarily freely available during this time?
How will Ex Libris make accessible the new COVID-19 content resources published by providers?
List of content that is currently freely available and of COVID-19 resources, as well as resources being made available on Ex Libris products:
see shared article for Alma, SFX, 360KB, Primo (CDI/PCI) and Summon
In these rapidly changing times, we are still considering options on how best to address these and other questions -
How do we identify which providers are making this content available?
- Will the full existing collections be free? Will new collections be created?
First and foremost, we will be proactively reaching out to our providers and inquiring into their status
Some options we are examining:
- Ingesting new COVID-19 resources that we are aware of
- Ingesting new OA/free collections
- Showing how to temporarily activate content (in Alma CZ)
- Indicating collections are free/OA?
Additional considerations include:
- What will happen when access is removed?
- Manual activations and deactivations will be required
Materials we will be making available to support our community
- Articles on simple and advanced search – for students and librarians
- List of content that is currently freely available and of COVID-19 resources, as well as resources being made available on Ex Libris products - see shared article for Alma, SFX, 360KB, Primo (CDI/PCI) and Summon
- Tips and tricks for searching for COVID-19 content
We are currently working on generating these materials and they will be made available in the appropriate Content Section (links will be added as soon as available).