- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Note: "jsmith" is used as a sample username for this error message.
* Unable to access USMnn libraries in the GUI (Graphic User Interface)
* When attempting to connect to USMnn, the message "User name jsmith does not exist" is displayed, even though the user has privileges in that library
1. In the GUI (any module), right-click the key icon on the Operations bar (at the bottom right of the screen)
2. Select Temporary Password Override or Login as Another User
3. Login as MASTER/MASTER
4. Ignore the message "User name jsmith does not exist" if it appears
5. Click on ALEPH menu, then "Connect to", and select the desired USMnn library
* USR00 is always the pw_library for the USMnn libraries. Thus, when connecting to a USMnn library, the system checks for the username in the z66 (Password Information) table of the USR00 library.
* The variable pw_library in $alephe_root/aleph_start table is usually set with XXX50 library, which is why it is not possible to connect to the USM libraries with local user names.
Category: Staff privileges
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013