- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
In a two_tier setup with the Oracle database on a separate server, the following errors occur in step 5.5 of the AIK ikit_menu:
drop_user.sh: line 11: sqlplus: command not found
Error: Failed during alephe relocation - drop user
1. Oracle binaries (sqlplus etc) didn't get installed in the 11r2 directory tree. Or
2. If the error is preceded by a "Permission denied" error, see KB 16384-62722 ("AIK step 5.5: "drop_user.sh: line 11: sqlplus: command not found")
a. Re-extracted the Oracle software as the root user (Step 3_1)
b. After which, TNS error occurred -- see KB 16384-56741 ("AIK:Llistener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor")
[from Aleph Packaging Manager:]
Be sure customer performed all AIK 21 steps before going forward.
1. This usually happens when Oracle client is not installed as part of 3rd party products installation.
2. Be sure customer performed installation with correct permission (root, not 'aleph' user).
Category: Installation & Upgrades (500)
Subject: New Installation (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013