- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
I am looking at the enhancement to v. 20 in the Release Notes Authorities, "AUT Record Link from Heading List" and wondering what the enhancement is. The section in the staff user guide that covers this topic is identical in v. 18 and v. 20. Can you elaborate on what exactly is new in the v. 20 release?
The Release Notes should actually say that a new button, Catalog, has been added to the Reference List, rather than the Headings List.
Here's how it works.
1) Do a browse of bibliographic headings in any GUI module.
2) Click on any heading that's linked to an authority record (either linked to bibs, or a cross reference).
3) Click the Expand button.
4) This brings up the Reference List. You'll see the new button here labeled Catalog.
5) Click the Catalog button. The authority record will be loaded into the Cataloging Edit window.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013